On the way from Aspern airfield into the city, the motorcade with Nazi politicians from Germany halts at the Lion of Aspern. Built in 1858, this war memorial is dedicated to the fallen soldiers of the 1809 Battle of Aspern, where Austrian troops were victorious over Napoleon's army for the first time. After Bavarian Minister of Justice Hans Frank and his Prussian counterpart Hanns Kerrl lay wreaths, Alfred Eduard Frauenfeld, the Nazi gau administrator (Gauleiter) of Vienna, holds a short speech. A day later, the Deutschösterreichische Tages-Zeitung, the National Socialists' official newspaper in Austria, reports: "They thereby honored the German-Austrian freedom fighters of 1809, the first Germans to tear the victory laurels from the head of the French usurper, but also all victims of the World War." The motorcade continues on toward Hirschstetten and Kagran.
May 13, 1933 – 2 p.m.
May 14, 1933 – 2 p.m.
Campus Medius does not run anymore on Internet Explorer. Please use the website in one of the following web browsers: Google Chrome (recommended), Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge.
Campus Medius läuft nicht mehr im Internet Explorer. Bitte nutzen Sie die Website in einem der folgenden Webbrowser: Google Chrome (empfohlen), Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge.